Will I lose my house if I file for bankruptcy under Chapter 7?

If you have equity in your home, there are possible exemptions and protections that your attorney may be able to utilize to help you keep your home. If there is no equity in your house, the court-appointed trustee will typically “abandon” your house to you. For this to happen, you must continue to make a “good faith effort” to make your mortgage payments. Contact a qualified bankruptcy attorney today to find out what options exist for you.